Happy New Year friends! Are you ready to take on 2017? I love January for the new energy and renewed focus it brings - there’s nothing like a fresh start! No matter what happened over the holidays you have exactly that before you: a fresh start.
If you are one of the lucky people who were able to stick to your guns in the face of the cookie platters, figgy puddings, boxed chocolates and gargantuan meals you can pat yourself on the back, take a moment to celebrate your success and build on it. If, on the other hand, you fell prey in spite of your best efforts to the endless barrage of temptations that paraded before you then this fresh start is just what you need - let’s begin with 4 things you can do today to kick off your best year ever:
Look back and think about what you might have done better. Make a note about how you think you could learn from this holiday season (do this for no more than 10 minutes) and then….
Let it go. No matter what happened and why, own it and put it behind you. Know that you are in good company and time to move forward.
Purge everything out of your house that you know you don’t want to eat and that you cannot resist. Trust me, if those delicious Lindt chocolates or shortbread cookies are not there calling your name at 10:00 at night, the next time you’re feeling a bit peckish or bored, you will not eat them. For most of us, our bodies can handle a week or so of derailment but it’s when a week turns into two, we slide back into our old habits - almost without realizing it the wheels really come off the bus.
- Go back to your old routines, you most likely were in a reasonably good groove before the sugar hit the fan, let’s just get you back there. Need a daily routine? Try this:
- First thing - start with a glass of room temp water and 2-3 tsp of raw apple cider vinegar.
- If you eat breakfast - make sure you have protein and healthy fat - for example eggs over steamed spinach with avocado and salsa on the side or a good protein shake mixed with berries and some full fat coconut milk. If you skip breakfast (we will discuss in greater detail next week) you can simply have a Keto O/S shake to power you through till lunch.
- This should carry you to lunch - if not, try a Keto O/S shake when you get hungry mid morning. Drink water or herbal tea. Have a hard boiled egg or a few nuts and 1/2 an apple.
- Lunch: a portion of protein, a heap of vegetables and 1-2 thumb size portions of healthy fat. Plus…water or herbal tea.
- If you tend to crash in the afternoon or seem to need a “snack” every day at 3 or 4pm you can move your Keto O/S shake to post lunch instead of mid morning or, have 1/2 in the morning and half after lunch. Plus water or herbal tea.
- Try to eat dinner by 7 pm at the latest - portion of protein, a mountain of vegetables and 1-2 thumb size portions of healthy fat.
- After dinner hydrate and get to bed at a reasonable hour - for many people this alone will cut down on late night snacking.
- If you tend to need something sweet, try 1/4 cup of berries with 3 -4 tablespoons of full fat coconut milk, some ground flax and cinnamon as a snack OR, some KetoKreme in a cup of herbal tea to relax before bed.
- Keep your food simple. Unless you love cooking, just roast, bake and steam…easy.
Hydrate - so many people are dehydrated - this makes you tired, think that you’re hungry and it makes it hard for your body to do what it needs to do. Set reminders in your phone if you have to - just do it.
Portions - again, keep it simple to start: protein, the size of the palm of your hand and the thickness of a deck of cards to start. If you are a big person or an athlete you may need two of these but for most of us, one is enough. Fat - 1 -2 thumb size portions, this can be 1/4 of an avocado, a couple of tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil drizzled over vegetables - every meal needs some fat.
Carbohydrates - Non Starchy like leafy greens and cruciferous vegetables - fill up on these, 3-4 cups per meal is great - cooked or raw, whatever works for you. Starchy vegetables grains - Moderate depending on your goals - limit to a cupped palm (at most), try to have these on more active days and with your evening meal to help with sleep. Keto O/S shows up anywhere you need it - I like it because it can fill gaps without overcomplicating your routines while bringing so many benefits that can help you to stay on track: better energy, mental clarity, focus, blood sugar stability, fat burning, manage appetite and curb cravings
- Most importantly - be consistent and be patient with yourself. We live in a crazy fast paced world expecting instant results - remember that it took you years to get to where you are today - it will likely take some time to get the results you are after. And - it takes time for the body to adapt and react to new routines. Sometimes we see results in a week, sometimes it takes a month. You will know you are on the right track by how you feel - and you will know this by tracking how you feel every day.
I invite you to buy a notebook (or use the notes in your phone) and check in with yourself two to three times a day - note energy, hunger levels, any digestive symptoms - see how they change over time, how different meals work for you etc. Unless you are getting clear signs that what you are doing is not working for you, stick to the program for at least 30 days…if you make a change, change only one thing at a time so that you can gauge it’s effect.
If you are using Keto O/S and losing fat is your goal - do not rely on your scale, Ketones are muscle sparing and fat burning - this can show up as looser clothes without much movement on the scale…this is a GOOD thing! More muscle means more energy for you and a higher metabolic rate at rest!
Until next week when we will talk about breakfast and intermittent fasting - be well, be patient and be consistent! Thank you so much for all your questions - please keep them coming so that I can be of assistance to you.
For recipes and meal ideas please follow me social media (links below) and to order Keto O/S please go to canfuel.pruvitnow.com/ca . After you have placed your order watch the video at: canfuel.drinkyoursample.com/ca for great tips on how to get started.
Until next week!!!
Are you loving your Keto O/S? If you are and would like to share your success with others you could earn extra income just by sharing the gift of ketones with your friends and family! Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll help you to get started.
Keto O/S Hot Chocolate Breakfast Protein Shake
It’s getting a bit cold out to have a cold drink every morning - so on extra chilly days try this instead of your usual cold shake:
1 Sachet Keto O/S 3.0 Chocolate Swirl
2 teaspoons unsweetened cacao powder
1 tsp Maca Powder (optional but great adaptogen - helps body deal with stress)
1- 2 tablespoons Bulletproof Upgraded Collagen Powder (optional)
2 Tbsp Full fat unsweetened Coconut Milk (My faves: Cha’s Organics or Native Forest)
- Dissolve Cacao powder and Maca in 1/4 cup warm water in your shaker bottle.
- Add coconut milk and shake well to dissolve.
- Top with another 10 oz or so of warm/hot water
- Add Keto O/S and Collagen Protein Powder (if using)
- Shake well until blended
Leave a comment